Saturday, March 28, 2009

Sweet Haven, poor Haven

Haven's class was in charge of the morning announcements last week. On Wed., Haven was responsible for saying the Word of the Day over the school speaker from the principles office.

We rehearsed at home and here she is saying it when she got home from school Wed.


That was Wed. All happy and smiles.

Then came Friday.

I have been wishing for a new house. Any of you who have been to my house know that it's a great house for a family. It would make any family happy to have such a nice house with 4 bedrooms. However, after a full day of running, drumming, crying, screaming, MORE screaming, wrestling, and did I mention screaming......I'd like to have a play room with padded walls. (while pregnant with Gibson, my doctor told me I'd need a padded room!!!) She was right. If I had listened I would have been more prepared for Elam. (His screams lately are so loud that I'm fearing we will all suffer slight hearing loss, or have more police men called to our house)

So, Friday was an especially loud day. I love when the kids play nicely together. Unfortunately, these moments are broken up with bumps and bruises. A phrase you will hear often in our house is, "Go get an ice pack!" (this started during Haven's hurting feet phase)

Anyway, while playing in Haven's room, and, jumping on the bed, one little monkey fell off, but didn't land on her head. Instead she caught herself with a straight arm. She cried pretty hard. (a very real cry) She was able to move it, but it hurt very bad. So, we got an ice pack and she fell asleep.

After she woke up, she was still in pain and there was a slight amount of swelling on her elbow. We decided to take her to the emergency room.

Her X-rays showed no broken bones. The doctor rub and pulled on her elbow. (Andrew called me right after that and I could hear her crying in the back ground) Oh! It broke my heart. After observing her for 30 minutes, she still didn't want to move it because of the pain, so they put her in some sort of splint and sent her home.

Here is her account of what happened.

No bones were messed up and the donuts made everything better! We will find out more on Monday when we go to the doctor.

3 comments:

Christi said...

Poor thing! I'm glad no bones were broken though! And, I'm sorry, but I had to laugh at the comment about Elam and his screaming after hearing about one of Stephen and Andrew's latest conversations.

Arkansas's Swiss Family Imholz said...

All of this should be written in a book, and you need to title it......"SURVIVAL"!

You remember Elam when he was little, little? He played softly a Heavenly harp. Then he turned two.

Donuts..the next time I experience pain in my legs, I'm going to take Dr. Haven's advice: three donuts!

I miss your children!

Mindy said...

Awww... she's so cute taking a bow in her little dress. Poor girl. Hope everything turns out okay today.