Friday, February 13, 2009

rockin' grandma, hair cuts and tornados!!




So, Tuesdays are Grandma days. We usually go over to her house, but on this Tuesday, she came to us. Beau and Haven had a doctors appointment, so she came to watch Gibson and Elam for me.




She has so much fun with the kids. She's like one of them! She'll even play Rock Band with them!!

I was glad to have an extra set of hands to hold Beau. He did not feel good after his 4 month old shots. The doctor also said he is getting a tooth.


Well, we watched the weather together and decided that if I left early for my hair cut, I'd get back in time for Grandma to get home before the bad weather started.

I left at 2:00. At 2:30, the ladies at the salon are getting a little concerned. One of them heard on the news that there was debry on Rockwell and NW Expressway. (which is where we were) The construction workers doing work in the parking lot were STILL pounding away when we decided to take cover.

So, we moved to a back room that's not attached to an outside wall just as a tornado was coming by.

Thankfully, the tornado went a little further down from us, but here are some pictures of the damage.












Thankfully, only 3 people had minor injuries. I made it home safely and so did grandma. Gibson was in lock down for a little while, but he too made it home safely!



4 comments:

Rachel Wilson said...

i was sitting here praying for you as I watched tornadoes pass your area. Then my Silly computer wouldn't work for me to check on you. I even debated calling lyndel. Then I saw your had been on line so that must mean things were right in your world. WHEWWWW!

Rachel Wilson said...

yes i put an E in tornado! I have lost it.

Christi said...

Glad to hear you all made it ok! Scary!

Arkansas's Swiss Family Imholz said...

I love that you have these pictures on your blog as well. Grandma is so little, and your baby is so big. I'll show your pictures to your dad. :-) One tornado story every few years is fine. I still can't get over the construction workers.