Friday, January 25, 2008

quick update

Andrew got another award for manager of the quarter. This is the 3rd one in a row!
Grandma and Grandpa weren't able to watch the kids, so we had to hire a baby sitter! I know it seems silly, but, this was our first official babysitter to have at our house. The kids had a blast. Gibson cried when she left.





Also, I've been experimenting with a cookbook.
It's Jerry Seinfeld's wife's book. Jessica Seinfeld wrote "Deceptively Delicious"
You make vegetable purees and hide them in your food. I don't plan on hiding vegetables from my children forever, plus, I'm not that good at it. When we had pizza the other night Gibson bit into it and said, "mom, what's this?" I just looked at him and said, "What do you think it is?" He said, "Is this spinach?!" "yep" He ate it anyway! Haven did not. Oh well. The mash potatoes with cauliflower were tasty and so was the macaroni and cheese with butternut squash!

Here are my purees. Yummy right?
By the way, my husband will be 30 soon!!!
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Arkansas's Swiss Family Imholz said...

The good old age of thirty...
I was thirty when I got married, and two years later, Haley was born.
Andrew will be thirty soon; has been married for years; has three children; a long tenure with Dell; plays basketball with his cronies when he has a moment or two; can be qualified as an excellent base guitar musician; is a food critic, and a excellent writer.
And his plans are for when he's forty...? :-)

Emily said...

That's exciting! I'll have to try some of those recipes out on RANDALL. Isaac loves his veggies... And Congrats to Andrew. Tell him his aunt and uncle are so proud!

stephen lee cavness said...

almost thirty and has a gorwn up hair cut...

-stephen (i can relate)

Anonymous said...

YEA ANDREW!!!!! Oh by the way....SHHHH, please don't tell anyone that Andrew is 30 - do you realize how old that means I am?!?!?!
Haley, you are SO smart about sneaking vegetables in the food. I think that is a wonderful idea.

R Lyndel Littleton said...

Hiding vegies that way is such a clever idea!
Yeah, Andrew!
Ooooo, if he's thirty then I must be, well, at least 40...

Daniel and Christy Davis said...

I saw that veggie thing on Oprah - glad you were able togive it a try, I'm about to have to start making everything from scratch I'm afraid!

Mindy said...

Happy (belated, I'm sure) Birthday, Andrew!

Anonymous said...

There is another book you might enjoy called the Sneaky Chef.